Monday, September 15, 2008

Lebe Playground and disappointing British Women

I felt that maybe I should give everyone and update on how the new playground is looking. Our deadline is Wednesday and these photos were taken Sunday. We are pretty much on track and I definitely think that we will finish on time! 

For this playground Marcus had to go back to Australia to do some things, so it was all Tha wah and myself building this one. We had to build, redesign and manage the 18 unrulely British University students that came to "help" us. In reality most of them were more of a hinderance than a help... but what can you do? Half of them didn't really want to be here helping in the first place; they just came for the later trip to the beaches down south. 

I must say though that out of all of the students I was most disappointed in the girls. I really hope that all British women do not act half as vapid as these girls do. Not only that but they actually play into the stereotype that women are not good at building or doing physical labor. I am going to be so glad when they finally leave on Friday. I have not enjoyed their company nor all of  their attitudes towards building this playground. I just can not understand why if you sign up for a 2 week trip that includes building a playground why you can't just build the damn playground for the refugee children. It's only 2 weeks out of your life- but I guess that is what happens when spoiled British kids go on a trip where the main point is for it to look good on their CVs.

Any who, enjoy the photos and more photos to come of the finished product later!

No comments: