Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Week 3


Week three was a bit of a mash up. I took off more time than any other week, due to Father's Day, but I also ramped up my work outs the days that I did actually train. So not bad. On the plus side however I did find the joys of morning swimming and on the negative side I also realized that I need to run more. So this coming week I decided that I must run at least 3 days out of my training week and I need to start to make that a mandatory thing. What is going to keep me from my goal of doing an Olympic length tri from start to finish without stopping will most definitely be the run! So I need to just force myself through the pain.

On a side note, my co-worker Laryssa does marathons (5 in fact- very impressive!), she said that eventually the pain that comes with running will go away. And that even when she doesn't run for two or three weeks her body starts screaming at her when she starts again. So in the mean time while MY body is screaming (and might I add very loudly and adamantly) at me I have to just trust her and hope one day it stops.


No comments: