Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Calendar




Okay so in an effort to hold myself accountable for my tri training I have started to tell people about my training this summer. Hopefully that will help to keep me going and not totally give up at the first drop of sweat!

Also, I have joined a gym with a pool and created a calendar for myself.

I found this pretty nifty site: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/
And there I was able to use their simple tri schedule maker to make me a mock schedule for my training. In an attempt to spice it up just a bit in the first month and to tailor it to my schedule (i.e. I know I will NEVER go to the gym on a Friday night- please!)I created this June schedule for myself.

The one that they created was a bit different. Longer bike rides and less swimming. I am, however, a stronger swimmer so I felt that I would cut myself (and my ego) some slack and up the swimming in the beginning. I however kept the running amount the same because I am such a terrible runner any running advice is helpful! I figure that if I give myself a fitness out base in the first month by doing what I am best at- swimming- I will then have a better base for next month where I will do more running and biking instead of swimming.

We'll see how close to this schedule I actually keep! Ha!~

No comments: