Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Hiatus... and then a Wall

So after a brief holiday hiatus I am back at it. And man did I need a break!

Last week I was desperately needing to take a bit of time off and to reorganize my life. All of this training is taking a LOT of time! Sometimes I am at it from 6:20 am (when I get up for a morning swim) to 10pm. Luckily I have only decided to keep up this crazy workout schedule until September when I am planning to do my Olympic length tri. After that I will let it all cool down a bit for a the winter and then pick it up again in the spring.

All this training is definitely putting a strain on all my other side projects as well as my personal life. Simple things like buying groceries is even hard- cause when do it do it? If I get to work at 9 and stay till 6 and get groceries after than there is no time to train that day or if I work out after work till 9pm then I can't get groceries. Plus little things here and there, like going to a birthday and staying out till 1 am means not only am I tired at work the next day, but I am exhausted by the time training comes at 6pm.

So a break was definitely needed- I am still feeling a little burnt out and trying to pick myself back up again. I think the issue is that to train this hard the rest of my whole life needs to be put on hold, but I have too many irons in the fire right now to be doing that.

I really need to sit myself down and figure out a reasonable schedule so that everything fits in- a task that I should have been doing this weekend, but alas was not!

I don't want to completely hit this wall I am facing and not have any energy to train. So I think I am going to continue to take time off until I get the rest of my life back in order.




On a side note, last week was a good week. And I feel good about the work I put in. Now, if I could only train like that every week.

I am really excited to see my first in-person Triathlon with weekend. Erica and I are going to be there to cheer on Brian. Then next weekend I am going to go to the Tri For Fun in Pleasanton. I know that I am only doing a sprint and that this is a relaxed affair, but I am none-the-less totally nervous about it and scared I won't be able to finish. Race anxiety already :(

Any ways, to night I figure out all my shit, do LONG over due laundry, by groceries (I haven't had anything to eat in the house for a few days now) and make a plan of action! Tomorrow back to morning swims with a hopeful 3100 meter planned swim workout.

No comments: