Friday, July 16, 2010

Morning Swims- A Warm Encounter


Robbie this post is a shout out to you...

Back to morning swims and my goal this morning was to do 4 500's.... ya that totally didn't happen, but not for lack of trying! The pool was freaking over 85 degrees! It was like swimming in my own saliva, i.e. pretty gross. A lap pool should be between 75 and 78 degrees, never above 80.

Any ways, I did a few drills (I had to remember them all since I am going to try to teach them to Robbie in the near future), some kick board work outs and then 2 500's. After the first 500 I was so hot I actually had to get out of the pool and lay down on the marble to cool off. I have never had that experience before! However, terrible the water temperature was the first 500 went well and I did it in under 6 minutes. The second 500 I could tell that I was much more sluggish, but I actually timed it and came in at 7 minutes 25 seconds. Not bad, not great. It is definitely a good start.

No comments: