Thursday, July 15, 2010

Open to Comments....


Guys I am leaving this post completely open to comments and help. I don't know what to do... I am eating easily between 2,500 and 3,500 calories a day- including usually 2 or 3 cliff bars- yet I am still getting really low blood sugar feelings and worse really bad hungry pains. Today I got such low blood sugar that I felt dizzy, sick to my stomach and eventually ended up throwing up all the food I had eaten. These hunger pains came on AFTER I had eaten a large serving of quinoa, garlic, onion, spinach and mushroom sautee and some bread.

I don't know what to do. I am usually eating protein for dinner along with lots of veggies and fruits. Lunch is usually a sandwich, a salad and some other veggies and breakfast is usually either oatmeal and fruit or greek yogurt and fruit.

I don't know what to do to stop feeling so hungry all the time-help me. Any suggestions at this point would be helpful.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Can you eat more calorie-dense foods--in particular, nut butters, nuts, pasta, legumes, cheese?? When you make your oatmeal, make it with full-fat milk, add nuts, etc? Make sure you are getting enough protein for your growing muscle mass. An average of 3000 calories may not be enough when you're training for a tri!! You may have a high metabolism and need 3500-4000...

Unknown said...

i've heard a bucket of ice cream really helps. oh and also a cheeseburger. with at least 8 patties.