Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Week 6


I am not quite sure how I got here but somehow, someway I am done with week 6 of my training! Ahhhh!

Okay, week 6 went well and I am happy to say that I only took my two alloted days of rest during the whole week. I think that my training is progressing quite well. I am happy with the amount of biking and swimming that I am doing- although I would like to be swimming more, but it's just so damn cold here! I am definitely getting stronger and my stamina for biking and swimming has gone way up... however as for my running it is slow going. I can't lie though, it is definitely getting better, but not by leaps and bounds like the other two disciplines are.

I am now about 4 weeks away from doing my Tri for Fun in August and 5 weeks away from doing the Luna Bar Race and I really need to start running more. I need to be able to show up at these races with these running distances under my belt at least a few times.

That is definitely the intimidating part of this whole triathlon process for me- the running. I am worried that I am going to push and push during the swim and biking and not be able to run at the end. Or just have not pushed my self hard enough during training and not be ready. However, maybe now that I know the magic of Shot Blocks I will be able to push through... hahaha!


No comments: