Friday, July 9, 2010

Things went well


After taking a few days off as a breather I went back to the gym yesterday and had a good workout that helped bring me back around to the idea of training again. Sometimes you just get into these life slumps and it is hard to pull yourself out of them and get back to doing what you need to do. Work is a bit slow right now and I am not doing the things at work that I normally love doing- so I feel that that has really been affecting my performance in all other aspects of my life. Go figure that something you do from 9 to 6, 5 days a week would affect how you deal with the rest of your life!

Any who, yesterday I did a cycling class and then a 2 mile run. I took the 2 miles at a slow pace and ended up doing a 19 minute, 2 mile run and not being out of breath or over exerted by the end of it. I am trying to build up my stamina so that this point I would rather run slower and longer distances than faster and short distances. This run was on a treadmill-which is new- and I had the setting at 5.9. Next time I am going to up the setting and try to maintain that pace throughout the whole run. Still hate running and dread doing it each time, but at least it isn't as painful as before.

I am hoping to get a good swim in this weekend. Haven't been in the pool since last Friday and the weather here is so cold that it is hard to get myself motivated to go for a swim! Bleck! These are the times that I wish I was back in LA!

2 comments:

Andrew Lim said...

hang in there babe! :)

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on just finishing your sweet 3400 meters! I'm thoroughly impressed. (jaw drop)